Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lu Lu's picks...MC Beaton and more

I am really enjoying the Agatha Raisin series.  The main character, Ms. Agatha Raisin, like me is in her 50's...Although she laments some slight girth around her waist, not to worry because she still has great legs.  Agatha has moved to the Cotswolds in England after retiring from her career as the head of a Public Relations agency in London.   She is a funny, fesity woman.  Her achille's heel seems to be her interest in Mr. James Lacey, her neighbor.  Their on again, off again romance is fun to follow.  James Lacey, can't live with him, can't live without him.  What's a detective to do?  The characters are lots of fun and the plot keeps me guessing.  Of course, I am no sleuth!  I have read at least five of these so far and I love them!  Oh, and she has two cats!  An appeal factor for cat lovers like myself!

These books are well written.  The scenery, the characters, the plots are all well drawn.  I don't feel like I am reading a formulaic mystery when I read these.


I shall be updating this page....Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment